Re: I run sendmail + pop3 in redhat 7.2

2002-03-21 05:34:00
On 21 Mar, Ben Mckellar wrote:

| I want to setup catch-all.  So in the case of someone sending to a user
| that does not exist @ my domain a default person such as postmaster
| receives this instead.
|
| I run sendmail version sendmail-8.11.6-3
|
| procmail-3.21-1
|

| Am i on the right mailling list ? or should I be talking to sendmail ?

The latter.

(Hint: Have a look in the sendmail documentation for LUSER_RELAY, or at
www.sendmail.org.)

(Another OT hint: think this through carefully. You will accept messages
from spammers running dictionary attacks [e.g a(_at_)domain, b(_at_)domain,
etc.]
telling them incorrectly that these are "good" addresses. Unless there
is a specific site need, you risk turning the spigot wide open.)

--
Reply to list please, or append "6" to "procmail" in address if you must.
Spammers' unrelenting address harvesting forces me to this...reluctantly.