[META] Re: reply-to list-address

2002-03-21 03:55:01
Lars Hecking:
Ruud:

It puts the mailinglist's address in the Reply-To: headerfield,
which ensures that I send my replies only to te list, which I
prefer.

 Thankfully, the list software seems to strip this.

You could've sent that only to me. ;)

The list sends messages with in the Reply-To the original sender
of the message. All the other mailing-lists I am subscribed to
(dozens) put the list-address in the Reply-To. When I answer to
a question from any list, I always try to do that in a general
way, so often broader than the problem at hand. I like to read
answers to problems I haven't even met, they educate me. (And
then I forget.)

When te Reply-To points to the original sender, I tend to
forget to include the list in my Reply. I prefer extraneous
messages on the list above private answers that could've
helped me too. From my POV, other people must prefer silence,
or they wouldn't have chosen for this Reply-To-setting.

Ruud