Re: match a set of header-lines

2002-03-22 12:19:08
On 22 Mar, David W. Tamkin wrote:
| Ruud asked,
|
|| In my .procmailrc I have the following:
|
| [after some elisions]
|
|| REGEXP="Received:"
|
|| :0
|| * $ ^\/$REGEXP(.*$)+
|| {
||   HEADERLINES = $MATCH
|| }
|
|| The variable HEADERLINES is set to the group of headerlines from the
|| first ^Received:-line until the end. But it would be sufficient if
|| all the headerlines from the first ^Received to the last ^Received
|| would be matched. I tried
||   * $ ^\/$REGEXP(.*$)*$REGEXP(.*)$
|| but that didn't work. If you know why it doesn't, and/or how to
|| make it work, I would be much obliged.
|
| It looks correct to me (since the search area is H).  When you say it "didn't
| work," what happened instead?  What does a verbose logfile say?  Does the
| condition fail to match, or is the wrong text extracted?  Are you positive
that
| there's no trailing whitespace after the rightmost dollar sign?  Does it work
if
| you use the literal text "Received" or "Received:" instead of a variable?
|
| [...]

It works fine for me.  But the first time it "Exceeded LINEBUF"
(unchanged from default 2048) with a test message that had 11 Received:
headers.  With an increased LINEBUF it worked.  Ruud, do you see any
error messages like that in the logfile?

--
Reply to list please, or append "6" to "procmail" in address if you must.
Spammers' unrelenting address harvesting forces me to this...reluctantly.