Procmail strips CR

2002-03-27 00:11:38
Hello List,

I run a mail-server using qmail, and clients (mainly Windows-Outlook) access their mailboxes through POP3, througuh a LAN. I tried using procmail to filter dangerous attachments, but I discovered that the stripping of CR breaks the Windows clients.

I am not sure whether stripping CR is the right thing to do, although qmail doesnot complain.

Of course recovering the CR could be the job of the POP3 server, but qmail-pop3d doesn't do that.

I am considering patching procmail/qmail-pop3d.
Anyone has a suggestion?

Julio