Re: Procmail strips CR

2002-03-28 16:05:51
Julio Maidanik <julio(_dot_)maidanik(_at_)coasin(_dot_)com(_dot_)ar> writes:
I run a mail-server using qmail, and clients (mainly Windows-Outlook)
access their mailboxes through POP3, througuh a  LAN.
I tried using procmail to filter dangerous attachments, but I discovered
that the stripping of CR breaks the Windows clients.

I am not sure whether stripping CR is the right thing to do, although
qmail  doesnot complain.

Of course recovering the CR could be the job of the POP3 server, but
qmail-pop3d doesn't do that.

Last I checked, messages in a maildir mailbox were stored with the
'local' line termination.  I.e., under UNIX, plain LF and not CRLF.
If qmail-pop3d responds to the TOP or RETR commands with lines that are
not terminated with CRLFs, then it's a bug in qmail-pop3d.

(This surprises me, as qmail is, in general, very careful about standards
compliance.)

Anyone has a suggestion?

Are you running the current version of qmail?

Philip Guenther