Re: get filter process OUTPUT, filter attacments

2002-03-27 15:51:34
On Wed, 2002-03-27 at 19:22, Professional Software Engineering wrote:
1) Am I right ? did I misss something ?

Your regexp seems entirely too loose.  Consider the following appearing
_anywhere_ within a message:

         We will bounce whenever the filename = "fubar.exe"

You are rigth, thanx, I have to make better than that.

Unless the perl script is outputting something to a constant file, or
otherwise cannot run concurrent with another copy of itself, there is no
need for the locking flag ':' at the tail end of the flags line.

It will use a log file

2) How can I print/log handle-attachment output for debugging purposes ?

Have you tried emitting messages to STDERR?

no, shoudn't handle-attachment output be redirected to LOGFILE ?

3) How can I pass the matched file extension to handle-attachment ?

Revise your regexp and use $MATCH.  OTOH, one would hope the
handle-attachment.pl script might be capable of figuring it out internally
though, as you are passing the message and it has to break out the
attachment(s).

thanx

--
Leandro Rodrigo Saad Cruz
IT - Inter Business Tecnologia e Servicos (IB)