Re: procmail filtering undeliverables

2002-04-01 11:44:31
On Mon, 1 Apr 2002 the voices made Ted Campbell write:

I'm sending mail to a mailing list. I'm getting quite a few undeliverable
message errors back. Is there some way that I could setup procmail to create
a list of email addresses that bounce, so that I can remove them from my
list?

 Yes, and something like this should be a start for you, I hope. :-)

:0:
        * ^FROM_MAILER
        * B ?? list(_at_)yourdomain(_dot_)tld
                bounced

 What it does is that it looks at the headers to see if the message was from a
mailerdaemon of some kind, and then it searches the body of the e-mail for the
e-mailaddress of your mailinglist; if both matches then it's saved in the mbox
bounced.

        /Tony
--
Per scientiam ad libertatem. ©1999-2002 tony(_at_)vanstrom(_dot_)org
-- Random URL (1/10):