forcing line wraps

2002-04-02 14:35:29
Hi all,

I have a help email account listed on our web pages that, after a message is filtered, gets forwarded to a newsgroup, so that people in my organization can answer questions from the public.

Occasionally, some longwinded individual will post a question, and not use line wrapping. sendmail handles the mail OK, but the news server barfs on it. It appears to be a bug in the server, or so say the inn-workers listserv. So, my boss, public-minded induhvidual that she is, insists that I post the message manually.

I was wondering if someone could tell me how to write a recipe that would use the 'fold -s' command on the message body to force line wrapping.

Thanks,
Bill Tangren