Logging to syslog? and/or with message ids?

2002-04-04 09:30:41
I'm trying to trouble shoot a problem I'm having with my mail server, and
I'm having a hard time trying to figure out when procmail events happen in
relationship with postfix and fetchmail.  Both postfix and fetchmail are
set to log to syslog, which makes it easy to see the sequence of events.
Is there a way to do this with procmail, too?

Also, I noticed that the procmail log doesn't include the originating
message IDs. Is there a way to get it to do this?

The issue is that fetchmail is choking with an SIGPIPE thrown from an MDA
or a stream socket error.  I'm having it go through postfix, which makes
this error weird.  But the error happens right after postfix pipes the
message to procmail, so I figured I'd try to find out what procmail did
what this particular message.  Unfortunately, I can't find the message
because there is no message id and because the log goes to a separate file
in my user directory.

Thanks!

Jen