FW: How to $EXTENSION in procmail

2002-04-04 15:16:19
Hi folks,

I am trying to get hold of the $EXTENSION variable set by postfix (which
contains the bit after the "+" when using "user+extension(_at_)domain(_dot_)com"
addressing format.  I guess that I could just regexp with a match to get
the other bit, but I am keen to persevere!

Anyway I tried calling Procmail (v3.22) from Postfix (as LDA) with

/usr/bin/procmail -a "$EXTENSION" -p

However, I find that the "-p" option stops the /etc/procmailrc file from
being read automatically.  (See below for an answer on the Postfix
mailing list.)

Has anyone here got any insight, and suggested method of working around
this, eg man appears to suggest that:

Procmail [options] EXTENSION=$EXTENSION

May be valid syntax and cause just that environment variable to be
setup.  Is this the best way to go about it?

Thanks

Ed Wildgoose