Re: retesting a mail folder

2002-04-04 16:59:55
At 14:43 2002-04-04 -0500, Rob Dege did say:
Unfortunately, it seems as if it's filtering more than what it's supposed
to.  I would like to copy the procmailrc file to a temp folder, along with
the dump folder, and debug the problem via VERBOSE=on.

MOVE the folder to a new file (lest you append messages to it while you're reading from it, which will give you a constant source of messages to filter), then:

        formail -s procmail -m yourprocmailrcfile < movedmailboxfile

You might want to check out my disclaimer, which has information for setting up a "sandbox" for such testing.