Re: Finding mail size

2002-04-09 06:32:13
On  9 Apr, Dallman Ross wrote:
| > From: "A.Johnson Jeba Asir"
<johnson(_at_)ooty(_dot_)tenet(_dot_)res(_dot_)in>

| >     I want to do the following through procmail
| >
| > maxFileSize = 1000000
| >
| > if receivedMailSize > maxFileSize then
| >     discard it
| > else
| >     deliver it to user
| > end if
| >
| > Is this possible?
| > How do I do that?
|
| A good start would be to read
|
|       man procmailex

Always good advice, and this isn't intended to dispute it, but in this
case there's no specific example in the man page for testing message
size. I'd add 'man procmailrc' and the *searchable* list archives, where
there is *guaranteed* to be multiple examples of this type recipe:

Lastly, I'd suggest to the OP this is likely better accomplished at the
MTA level if possible. For example, with sendmail look for information
on "confMAX_MESSAGE_SIZE".

--
Reply to list please, or append "6" to "procmail" in address if you must.
Spammers' unrelenting address harvesting forces me to this...reluctantly.