Re: Finding mail size

2002-04-09 13:18:36
From: Don Hammond <procmail(_at_)tradersdata(_dot_)com>

On  9 Apr, Dallman Ross wrote:
| > From: "A.Johnson Jeba Asir"
<johnson(_at_)ooty(_dot_)tenet(_dot_)res(_dot_)in>

| >   I want to do the following through procmail
| >
| > maxFileSize = 1000000
| >
| > if receivedMailSize > maxFileSize then
| >   discard it
| > else
| >   deliver it to user
| > end if
|

| A good start would be to read
|     man procmailex

Always good advice, and this isn't intended to dispute it, but in this
case there's no specific example in the man page for testing message
size. I'd add 'man procmailrc' and the *searchable* list archives, where

I interpreted the below recipe from "man procmailex" to be an example
testing message size:

  Forward all mails shorter than 1000 bytes to my home address (no
  lockfile needed on this recipe).

       :0
       * < 1000
       ! myname(_at_)home

Looking at a few other examples would show how to discard a message
rather than forward it.

Btw, the cc. I sent to the querier bounced as undeliverable.

--
dman+noacks(_at_)nomotek(_dot_)com