Re: duh - formail and variables for switches?

2002-04-09 13:47:15
At 18:04 2002-04-05 -0600, David W. Tamkin did say:
options in variables and use them all on formail's command line as I
illustrated with that one.  The suggestion about killing $SENDMAIL's -t

Yes, thank you, the conditional expansion on the formail commandline works. I wish I could pass it entirely as a variable, but for now, this does do what I need, just requires each option to be expressly considered in the formail commandline, but for what I need to do, I can live with that -- it beats the heck out of the alternative of having multiple formail invocations or running a message through individual ones to modify it incrementally (which isn't appropriate with what I'm doing anyway).

 :0other_flags${copy_option}more_flags
 * conditions

Thank you both for this one, this makes the bouncing recipe a LOT simpler, since I don't have two nearly identical copies of it (I can apply it to both the 'c' flag and the 'b' flag used for parsing list bounce messages.

This capability would be nifty to see mentioned in the manpages, especially in procmailex.