Re: collect multiple recipients in variable

2002-04-12 12:53:55
At 18:33 2002-04-12 +0200, Ruud H.G. van Tol wrote:
(I would be better off if I defined all aliases in sendmail
but I would still need to handle the DTav-header, see below)

yea, I'm a fan of using the MTA for mta-type things where possible.

#---------------------------------
AllTo=""
Us="domain[.]tld"

This relates to some comment you had about how to add regexps to a variable, doesn't it, probably because you wanted to properly escape the dot? What you do is escape the escape:

Us="domain\\.tld"

(you'd do the same, say, to assign a plussed address to a variable)

:0
# if DTav-header exists (Bcc-holder)
{
  AllTo="$AllTo,$MATCH"
}

I don't recognize the "alias-vhost-domain-tld" bit - if you mean this to be a "you should replace this with something meaningful", you might want to elaborate. Otherwise, please note that "Delviered-To:" is part of the ^TO_ regexp...

[snip - I'm not doing analysis of your recipe, so no comment]

I especially wonder if the line
! $MATCH
will work as expected
(send a copy to the collection of recipients).

Time to start using a sandbox - stuff like this is easy to experiment with.

You can redefine $SENDMAIL to point to a script, and that script would emit it's parms to an extra header, followed by the passed message. You could then examine the saved file to see that it is using proper parameters, all without having spewed anything to anybody (correctly or otherwise).

See links in my disclaimer.