Re: How to do a complicated auto-reply?

2002-04-18 04:48:16
I have a related question.  Is it possible to create dynamic variables
under procmail 3.22?  Somethin equivalent to:

      NAME${rcount} = "$FOO"

with rcount=0 would assign NAME0 to the value of FOO.

Not that I can think of - not in the way you want.

You could do something nightmareish, like generate a file to be included
on the fly.  Something like:

  TEMPINCLUDEFILE = temp-include-file

  # create the code to set up one variable
  rcount = 3
  DUMMY=`echo "NAME${rcount} = blah" > $TEMPINCLUDEFILE`

  # create the code to set up another variable
  VAL=`date +%s`
  DUMMY=`echo "NAME${VAL} = tum-ti-tum" >> $TEMPINCLUDEFILE`

  # do the dynamic bit
  INCLUDERC = $TEMPINCLUDEFILE

which would do something like:

    procmail: Assigning "rcount=3"
    procmail: Executing "echo "NAME${rcount} = blah" > $TEMPINCLUDEFILE"
    procmail: Assigning "DUMMY="
    procmail: Executing "date,+%s"
    procmail: Assigning "VAL=1019129147"
    procmail: Executing "echo "NAME${VAL} = tum-ti-tum" >> $TEMPINCLUDEFILE"
    procmail: Assigning "DUMMY="
    procmail: Assigning "INCLUDERC=temp-include-file"
    procmail: Assigning "NAME3=blah"
    procmail: Assigning "NAME1019129147=tum-ti-tum"

However, there may be better things than using dynamic variables to
solve your problem, depending on what the problem is.

Hope that's some help,
Martin
--
Martin McCarthy                 /</    http://procmail.non-prophet.org