Re: SpamBouncer still maintained?

2002-04-25 16:05:32
Andrew Edelstein wrote:
On Thu, Apr 25, 2002 at 10:32:19AM -0400, Eric Rountree wrote:

Is SpamBouncer still being maintained? Neither it nor its Web page have
been updated since October.

It appears to no longer be maintained. I stopped using it about a month
ago in favor of SpamAssassin, which I have found to be much better (and
far mroe scalable for site-wide use).

My provider (xs4all.nl) enhances my incoming messages with special headers.

blacklists

In case of a hit, this header is included:

SpamCop>

On all mail that is not marked with the SPAM-Warning-header, I do a check
on the IP-nrs in all Received-headers, against my own list of suspect
IP-nrs.

See my procmail-setup in http://www.xs4all.nl/~rvtol/procmailrc.txt
It works very well for me. It took me some weeks to build up the
collection of those IP-nrs, but now almost no maintenance anymore.

Affijn, Ruud