Re: klez-G virus

2002-04-25 21:20:43

Although a little inefficient, (it has to search the body of the
message):

    http://www.johncon.com/john/QuarantineAttachments/

come pretty close, and will filter KLEZ, although you will probably
have to modify it to suit your individual application.

        John

BTW, the HTML attachment filter is too aggressive in detecting HTML
links with file-name-spoofing-it gives a lot of false positives.

John D. Hardin writes:
On Thu, 25 Apr 102, Edward Huang wrote:

I wrote very similar to yours except more broad - prohibit
ALL executable attachments in emails which I made company policy.

Please be aware that as procmail does not support MIME, you cannot
write a reliable attachment filter in pure procmail.

--

John Conover, conover(_at_)rahul(_dot_)net
http://www.johncon.com/