Re: Envelope-to and ^TO

2002-04-29 11:57:29
At 20:02 2002-04-29 +0200, spamreg(_at_)mail(_dot_)dk did say:
My MTU (exim) add the following header:

MTU?

so a mail with fake headers but correct "Envelope-to:" header will not be sorted correctly by my procmail filters if I have:

X- is a common prefix for "not a header specified in an adopted RFC document". If Exim chose to add an "Envelope-to:" without an X- prefix, well, Exim is apparently getting ahead of standards and adopting their own rules, much like Microsloth does.

Take the matter up with the developers or support group for Exim.

If you want to work aroung the bug in your MTA, you can check for the nonstandard header:

* (^TO_secret(_at_)secret(_dot_)com|^Envelope-to:.*secret\.com)