Re: Reply messages are not processed properly

2002-04-29 22:56:33
At 00:43 2002-04-30 -0400, Humberto Rodriguez did say:

[snip - a procmail log showing a bounced message you recieved. I fail to see the significance of it WRT the problem you're describing]

 Subject: Returned mail: see transcript for details
  Folder: /var/spool/mail/arlen

Apr 29 21:50:05 dns1 sendmail[20937]: g3U1o5h20935:
to=Humberto Rodriguez [mailto:neighbors(_at_)arlenbeach(_dot_)com],

I don't know if you mailed it this way, or if this really was in your message, but 'mailto:' isn't valid for an email address during SMTP transit. MS Outlook apparently likes to automatically chuck that into messages however, which will be a problem if you continue to use that MUA while discussing email issues such as this, because what you write isn't what you send, and what others write, isn't how OutBreak is going to show it to you.

ctladdr=arlen (537/502), delay=00:00:00, xdelay=00:00:00,
mailer=esmtp, pri=30640, relay=arlenbeach.com], dsn=5.1.2,
stat=Host unknown (Name server: arlenbeach.com]: host not
found)

This is anm error emitted by sendmail reporting a DNS lookup failure. Perhaps your system isn't configured for DNS properly, or the zone for the domain in question is hosed?

ArlenBeach.com is a virtual host on my server.  The email

If the host doesn't _resolve_ via DNS, it doesn't really matter where the host is ultimatley hosted - sendmail is trying to find the MX host to send the message to. Not a procmail issue.

print MAIL <<EndofTEXT;
[snip - perl, which isn't what the procmail list is about - if your problem lies within your perl script, you should head to the comp.lang.perl heirarchy]