RE: several messages

2002-04-30 01:33:06
On Mon, 29 Apr 2002, Professional Software Engineering wrote:

X- is a common prefix for "not a header specified in an adopted RFC
document".  If Exim chose to add an "Envelope-to:" without an X- prefix,
well, Exim is apparently getting ahead of standards and adopting their
own rules, much like Microsloth does.

I'm sorry, but I can't let that pass.  As long as Exim doesn't leak the
Envelope-To header into outbound mail on the wire, there's absolutely no
standard that applies to the format of a mailbox or single-message file on
the local disk.

There's no standard for the Delivered-To header, either; shall we trash
qmail for equal time?

Postfix also adds a Delivered-To header...