.procmailrc dir permissions

2002-04-30 12:14:20
All,

We are in the process of upgrading procmail from v3.10 to v3.15.2.  One
issue we've run into while testing with our users is that now we get
'suspicious rc file' errors, indicating permission problems on the
directories where the .procmailrc files live.  We don't see these errors
in v3.10.

My question is why has procmail become more strict with regards to these
permissions, and why was this change made?

I read through the history file, but the only mention of permissions was
in relation to a problem processing .procmailrc's in 700 dirs.

Thanks for your help,
Justin

--
Justin Heimburger