Re: Using an "OR"

2002-06-05 17:51:30
At 18:41 2002-06-05 -0400, Jean-Sebastien Morisset did say:

[snip - how 'bout that, my whole message...]

Very cool! Thanks! But why "9876543210^0" instead of just "1^0"?

You should take a browse through the procmail FAQs sometime. It is a maximal match value which forces the scoring to stop once a match is found, rather than continuing to look for matches on the other conditions, which are a waste of time if you're using scoring for OR functionality.

I turned on the log file and verbose logging, but can't find the problem
with the following. Would you have any ideas? :-)

Perhaps you could just say where it quits working, and why you think there is something wrong with it. If it works as you expect with a variety of test messages, then you're probably good to go. If it doesn't, then the VERBOSE logfile WILL indicate where it failed to match, or if there was an odd exit result from a program you're running.