Procmail->Formail->Procmail

2002-06-07 08:23:29
What I am trying to do:
I am subscribed to a mailing list in digest format, the digests of which I
want to explode and send onto a news server. I use procmail as an mda from
fetchmail.

Where I am at:
I have got the individual bits working, but I can't get them to work
together. Here is the .procmailrc, maybe there is something wrong with it?

#default stuff here

:0:
* ^Content-Type:.*multipart/digest
* TO(_dot_)*cygwin(_at_)cygwin(_dot_)com
|formail -n +1 -ds procmail

:0:
* TO(_dot_)*cygwin(_at_)cygwin(_dot_)com
|/usr/local/bin/mail2news lists.cygwin

I know that both recipes work separately (except the last bit of the first,
which I think might be where the problem is, I know it works sending the
results to a mailbox).

What happens:
Fetchmail collects the digest from the mailserver (I can see this from the
logs). It then pushes it into procmail which duly starts formail, which in
turn starts another instance of procmail (I can see this from a 'ps'), but
nothing ever seems to finish. No posts are made to the newsserver, and
fetchmail does not disconnect itself from the pop3 server. Does anyone have
a clue what might be going wrong, or how I can find out what is going wrong?
Alternatively, is there another way of achieving what I want?

The setup:
Procmail/Formail v3.22
Fetchmail 5.9.11-3
Cygwin 1.3.10