Re: logging file ...

2002-06-08 19:15:49
On Sat, Jun 08, 2002 at 10:03:19PM +0200, Marek Wysmulek wrote:
Hi.

Is there any roll-log file icluded in procmail package ?

I would like it to act that after log file getting bigger then ex. 2 MB
Should be moved to *.0 and the empty .log shold be tiuched.
After *.0 was created *.1 shold be etc etc.

Nothing included with procmail, but there are a number of utilities that will
do this for you. Apache comes with a utility that will do it, not to mention
it's simple enough to write a script that can be run from cron to detect file
size and roll it.

--
Andrew Edelstein        -       http://andrew.pure-chaos.com/resume.txt

Please do not reply directly to me, or Cc: me on a reply to a list message.
I'll get my copy from the list.