quotas & questions

2002-06-18 15:03:00
Hello All,

I'm a newbie to procmail and have a few questions.

First, we have 19 remote linux servers that were each built with one file system. I have been asked to setup quotas. I do not relish the idea of remotely changing file systems on production systems just for quotas. I was very happy when someone posted (in April) a recipe for quotas via procmail - without using the linux file system for quotas.

Questions:

(1) I know that as soon as quotas are implemented thru procmail, someone will have a very good reason to be excluded from the quotas. Is it possible to exclude a user from quotas in procmail? How do you exclude a user? (2) Has anyone used procmail for quotas (rather than quotas setup with file system) and are there any concerns/problems? (3) When a message is sent to an account, but the account is over quota and the message is not delivered - the auto reply sends a message back to the sender. The sender receives the autorepy message if the sender is not over quota. What happens to autoreply when sender is over quota? I tried this and message did not bounce around, just not sure where it landed.

Thank you in advance,

Pat