Re: Scoring Recipe for repeating addresses?

2002-06-18 15:01:17
On Tue, 18 Jun 2002 22:40:07 +0100, Martin McCarthy
<marty(_at_)ancient-scotland(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk> wrote:
=> OK - you have a few problems.  Here's the first:
=> Your condition line is not a condition line!

        What a glaring mistake, I can't believe that I missed as
I stared intently it but of course it had to be something stupid
like that to cause that result.

=> The part in parentheses will match any of [hyphen, letter, number,
=> underscore] repeated one or more times, followed by a single dot.  That
=> whole thing can be repeated any number of times but the last thing the
=> parentheses will match will always be a dot.  But that must then be
=> followed by a dot!  So you probably mean:
=>  * ^(To|Cc):.*<postmaster@([-a-z0-9_]+\.)+(com|net|org)> [...etc...]

        Yes, exactly. I just caught that myself a couple of
moments ago.

=> However, if you want to simply match a mail that is sent to multiple
=> postmasters, you might want something closer to:
=>   * 1^1 postmaster@

        I was trying to be more specific but perhaps I was just
overoding it trying to match a legal domain and TLD. I was also
trying to limit my count to the To/Cc headers as I don't know
what sort of body and/or recvd headers might accompany a
legitimate email to <postmaster at one of my domains.

=> Is that anything like what you want?

        Yes, thank you.  I'd be interested in your comments on my
other post about scoring in this thread.

        Thanks,

        - Don

PS: This list is such a great resource!