Special characters (Was Re: Scoring Recipe for repeating addresses?)

2002-06-24 08:14:09
On Wed, 19 Jun 2002, Martin McCarthy wrote:

    I try to do generic version for this recipe but I get the "Skiping"
    message i.e. I have syntax error in procmailrc.  Is anyone see error
    in this recipe:

[...]
        * $ 1^1 $MATCH

Change that line to a version that escapes any special characters in the
MATCH variable:

  * $ 1^1 $\MATCH

That should work a lot better.

        Thanks Martin, it works.  I also tried

* $ 1^1 ()$MATCH

        It works too and this leading me to understand that the special
        character was "<".   The "<" is a trigger to calling shell in the
        action line, but, in this example it appeares in condition line with
        no "?" or "|=" operators?  Do I miss something about SHELLMETAS?

Thanks,
 Udi