Re: Scoring Recipe for repeating addresses?

2002-06-18 15:20:55
On Tue, 18 Jun 2002 23:05:08 +0100, Martin McCarthy
<marty(_at_)ancient-scotland(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk> wrote:
=> Sadly that *is* too easy.

        And, I bet there's no Santa Claus either ... <sign>

=>   :0
=>   * ^TO_\/postmaster(_at_)(_dot_)*
=>   {
=>     :0
=>     * -4^0
=>     * 1^1 MATCH ?? \<postmaster@
=>     review(_at_)example(_dot_)com
=>   }
=> which will match if a To: or Cc: (or similar) header contains 5 or more
=> 'postmaster@' lines.  The scoring part is only invoked if there is a
=> line with 'postmaster@' in it.

        OK, except I prefer to stay away from the TO/TO_
constructs. I really want to only use To/Cc header counts.

=> This *won't* match if a To: line contains 3 postmaster addresses and a
=> Cc: line containes 3 postmaster addresses....just if many are in one
=> line.

        How about using that MATCH approach along with the same
kind of logic as you use in your book with $ANSELSCORE on pages
81-82 to calculate for the actual "To" header and then add it to
the calculation for the "Cc" header to make the final cut?

        Would that be more accurate without bringing the
processor to its knees?

        Thanks again,

        - Don