procdiag.sh updated - 20020619.1002

2002-06-19 10:15:17

I've performed a couple of small tweaks on the script:

        Extract LDA information from sendmail using a diagnostic option
        instead of greppage of the sendmail.cf (which was necessitating
        checking two common locations - which on some systems MIGHT have
        contained separate copies of the sendmail.cf files).

        Added a flag for procmail being the LDA, so that it can be referred
        to when reporting the absense of the .forward as not unexpected, lest
        some newbie users misinterpret the "no .forward file" as cause for
        alarm.  Conversely, if procmail is the LDA and a .forward is found,
        the user is avised that this shouldn't be necessary unless they have
        some special invocation need.

        When reporting the contents of the .forward (when it is found to
        exist), emit a "suggested" format - which reflects the actual
        procmail path and the userid, in case the user subsequently determines
        that their .forward has problems (note that procdiag DOES NOT
        interpret the contents of .forward).

I'm still interested in hearing from procmail users who use other MTAs - Postfix, Qmail, Exim, etc - who might be able to provide information about determining when procmail is the LDA with those MTAs, and also how to determine when those MTAs are in use. Such feedback would be appreciated.