Re: procmail

2002-06-19 10:13:08
At 12:53 2002-06-18 +0800, Aris Santillan did say:
i already created .procmailrc file, where will i placed it? and how can i start making filters? can someone help me on what is the basic content of .procmailrc

Since your post has gone unanswered for the past 36 hours, I figure none of the radical newbie advocates are going to take time to answer your question. Thus, I may as well direct you to the following resource:

        <http://www.procmail.org>

There, you'll find links to several supporting resources - multiple FAQs as well as Nancy McGough's Procmail Quickstart.

Start with... the quickstart, which is intended to get new users up and running quickly - it should answer all of your basic "so where to I start" questions.

Don't forget also to refer to the several separate manpages:

        procmail        (program overview, includes the basic "how to" stuff
                        and explains various errors you might encounter)
        procmailrc      (rcfile syntax)
        procmailex      (example recipes)
        procmailsc      (scoring)
        formail         (a tool included with procmail, often used to extract
                        or change headers)
        lockfile        (unless you're writing shell scripts, this may not
                        be significant to you)

If, after running through Nancy's quickstart (okay, perhaps that's Nancy's PROCMAIL quickstart - I suspect Nancy's quickstart is a double latte), you have problems getting your procmail config to run, you might check out my procdiag script as well as my suggested sandbox (testing) config, both of which are linked from my disclaimer.

I reserve the right to recycle this post.