Re: Moving user mail spools

2002-06-19 10:49:15
Justin Shore <listuser(_at_)neo(_dot_)pittstate(_dot_)edu> writes:
How do I tell my LDA that user mail spools are now in, say,
/var/mail/spool/ instead of /var/spool/mail/?  I know I've seen it
before but I forget where.  I thought it was an entry in my system
procmailrc.  I found the QUEUE_DIR option for Sendmail.  I just can't
seem to find the one for my LDA.  FYI, I'm moving all mail-related
directories to /var/mail (mqueue, poptemp, quarentine, etc..) which
is a RAID volume in my new installation.

The /etc/procmailrc file is parsed _after_ procmail 'screens' the user's
mailspool for existence, ownership, and permissions.  Ergo, the contents
of the /etc/procmailrc file cannot affect the path that procmail performs
these checks on.  At present, you need to recompile procmail with the
new spool location.  The simplest way is probably to put the following
lines at the top of the config.h file:

#undef MAILSPOOLDIR
#define MAILSPOOLDIR "/var/mail/spool/"

then recompile and reinstall.