Re: Scoring Recipe for repeating addresses?

2002-06-19 10:50:15
Someone suggested this code to Don:

| =>  :0
| =>  * ^To:.*postmaster@
| => {
| => :0
| => {
| => WHOTO=`formail -z -xTo:`
| => COUNT=`echo ${WHOTO} | sed -e 's/[^(_at_)]//g' | wc -c`
| => COUNT1=`expr ${COUNT} - 1`
| => ISGT=`expr ${COUNT1} \> 9`
| => }
| => :0
| => * ISGT ?? ^^1^^
| => ! mailbox.example.com
| => }
| => This may need to be tweaked a bit, but if the "To:" field contains
| => "postmaster@",
| => we'll count the number of "To" recipients, and forward if the count is
| => 10 or more.

That has more forks than an army mess hall.  You want to see whether the To:
headers -- of which there may be more than one -- have ten or more at-signs?

 :0
 * ^To:(.*\<)postmaster@
 {
  WHOMTO=`formail -zxTo:` # consider including -xCc:

  :0
  * 1^1 WHOMTO ?? @
  * -9^0
  ! mailbox(_at_)example(_dot_)com
 }

The reason I kept formail to set WHOMTO instead of extracting it is that there
could be more than one To: header.  Extracting would get only the topmost or
the bottommost; formail -x will get them all.