Re: EXITCODE doesn't seem to work

2002-06-21 04:44:49
On Friday 21 June 2002 09:44, Hans van Zijst wrote:
I know, that's why I want Sendmail go generate a "go away with your
spam" while the connection is still open, not afterwards. I
understand how to filter mail through procmail, decide that it's
spam and generate some auto-reply that effectively is a bounce, but
that's not what I want because of the reasons you mention here.

Well, I've installed a copy of the recipe I posted yesterday on a
Linuxbox, running Sendmail/procmail. I sent a "forbidden" message and
presto... I got a bounce! So I thought I was out of the woods.

Then I investigated it a little closer. I telnetted to port 25 and
typed the message manually. When it was time to type the "."-line, I
expected Sendmail to complain about permission, but no: "message
accepted for delivery" was what I got. But I did get a bounce!
Unfortunately not while I was connected to Sendmail, but at the
address I had specified in the "mail from:" line. Which is usually
forged in spam...

Is it really possible to cook up something that actually will cause
Sendmail to complain while the connection to the sender is still
open? Anyone who has such a configuration working?

Greetings,

Hans