Re: remove return receipt?

2002-06-25 14:34:41
At 09:39 2002-06-24 -0400, James Ervin wrote:
Anyone have a caned recipe that will remove "Return-Receipt-To" headers? I am getting more and more and they are anoying.

Annoying like receiving a duplicate copy of the same request after the first one didn't garner an immediate reply in a mere two hours?

# deals with various receipt mechanisms, and is used on a number of mailing
# lists so that posts through those lists don't cause the thousands of
# recipients to deal with BS receipt generation.  This is extracted from a
# larger recipe which actually sends an advisory to the message sender to
# remind them that receipts on mailing lists are a bad idea.

:0f
* ^(Disposition-Notification-To|Return-Receipt-To|Registered-Mail-Reply-Requested-By):
| formail -i "Disposition-Notification-To:" \
        -i "Registered-Mail-Reply-Requested-By:" -i "Return-Receipt-To:" \
        -I "X-Receipt-Request-Deleted: Yes"