Re: Folder test/create problem

2002-07-07 16:03:44
On 7/7/02 4:35 PM, David W. Tamkin <dattier(_at_)ripco(_dot_)com> wrote:
Adam [...] gets these results:

| Now, if the directory already exists, the message gets filed just
| fine. But if it has to create the directory, I get the following
| errors in my log and the message gets stored in a *file* named
| "0207."
|     mkdir: cannot create /users/sfc/web/gms/sfa/apps/0207: File exists
|     chmod: can't access /users/sfc/web/gms/sfa/apps/0207/msg.*

Bart has posited that perhaps $SFAAPP has already been created as an empty
plain file.  Another thing that crossed my mind was that, since the recipe
calling mkdir has no `w' nor `W' flag, procmail might be faster to move down
to the next recipe and create $SFAAPP as a plain file than mkdir is to create
it as a directory.

That makes sense.

For the record, *my* copy of PROCMAILEX(5) (dated 1995/10/30) doesn't
contain a W flag. :)

My first recommendation is this:

   :0 a
   {
       :0 icw
       * ? test ! -d $SFAAPP
       | mkdir $SFAAPP && chmod 755 $SFAAPP

       oldumask=$UMASK
       UMASK=022 # maybe 133?

       :0ac:
       $SFAAPP

       UMASK=$oldumask
   }

Okay, this successfully creates the directory if it doesn't exist, files the
first message, and sets the permissions. Any subsequent messages, however,
don't get filed at all.

--
Adam Bailey    | Chicago, Illinois
adamb(_at_)lull(_dot_)org | Finger/Web for PGP