Re: Folder test/create problem

2002-07-07 16:51:21
At 17:55 2002-07-07 -0500, Adam Bailey wrote:

For the record, *my* copy of PROCMAILEX(5) (dated 1995/10/30) doesn't
contain a W flag. :)

You should put it in a museum with all the other 7 year old software you're still running. Time to upgrade from 3.11pre4.

Okay, this successfully creates the directory if it doesn't exist, files the
first message, and sets the permissions. Any subsequent messages, however,
don't get filed at all.

An examination of the VERBOSE log often reveals stupid blunders.

Subsequently, Adam found the blunder and reported in with:
Removing the a flag from the first segment fixes that. Any reason why that's
a problem?

Yea - because, as per 'man procmailrc', the 'a' flag means the PRECEEDING recipe (that'd be the one creating the dir) must have been true and completed successfully in order for this one to take place. If the dir EXISTS, then the conditions for the dir creation recipe will be false, and therefore, this recipe with 'a' won't meet its condition of requiring the previous recipe to have been TRUE.