Re: Compile Failure on Linux 2.0.38

2002-07-07 16:46:47
As an aside we are also working on patching the libc-5 to fix the named
vuln recently reported.

I strongly suspect you're confusing "named" with "resolver".

     Yes.  And you are quite right about the problems incurred
by using older libraries as time progresses.

     On the other hand the 'latest bag of bugs' can produce
nightmares on production systems when one has 2500 users that
like to complain a lot.

     I guess we got complacent with the performance of the 2.0.38 system,
but the recent resolver issues was a severe scary wake up call, especially
since the libc-5.4.46 is no longer maintained.  We had to patch it
ourselves.

     However if you think Linux 2.0.38 old, I won't even tell you about
our three SunOS 4.1.4 servers :)

     Homer