Re: What does mailfilter mean?

2002-07-07 16:44:13

That depends on what you think the word 'filter' means.  In the context
of what appears inside an rcfile, the procmail docs use the word 'filter'
in the precise way described above.  As a personal choice, I would tend
to only call an rcfile a 'filter' if it contained no delivering actions,
so that it only modified the message.

   OK, this is what I was missing.  It is sort of an odd use
of the words 'to filter', but now I get the meaning of the docs.

   Homer