Re: recipe for Content-Type:

2002-07-16 11:17:41
At 1:24 PM -0400 7/16/02, Lars Hecking is rumored to have typed:

 The trailing .* is highly superfluous.

   Yeah, but does it add anything to the overhead of the recipe? I have
occasionally added it as an in-line comment to myself (it's a particularly
useful reminder if a space is the last character in the condition string),
but I've never done any benchmarks to see if a recipe with it takes any
longer than one without it.

   That is, even though we all recognize that it isn't necessary, if it
doesn't "cost" anything and aids the human, is it really such a bad thing?

         Charlie