Re: mailstat problem

2002-07-18 01:40:49
On Wed, 17 Jul 2002, Udi Mottelo wrote:

On Wed, 17 Jul 2002, Bob Holtzman wrote:

On a tip from a newsgroup I tried : "mailstat < Procmail/.procmail.log"
and got this result:

[holtzm(_at_)localhost holtzm]$ mailstat

  Total  Number Folder
  -----  ------ ------

Followed by the entire contents of the log. On my old RH6.0 this command
would show the number of _new_ emails delivered to each mailbox. This is
what I'm trying to achieve this time with no successs.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

      I do not know what do you mean _new_ but, I save the logs named
      by the date:

LOGFILE=/var/log/pm/$DATE

      And my crontab do:

awk '/^  Folder:/{F[$2]+=1};END{for(i in F) print i,F[i]}' /var/log/pm/$DATE |
sort +1n

      It lists the folders sorted by the number of entries.

Found the problem. I had verbose logging turned on and it was dumping a
huge list of stuff when I ran mailstat. Thanks for the pointer. It got me
going in the right direction.

--
Bob Holtzman
 ......check the price of the beer!"