Re: auto save attachments

2002-07-20 16:22:50
On Sat, 20 Jul 2002, Doug Wright wrote:

Wow, I am much too new to procmail, I guess. If it makes you feel any
better, I have a book on procmail on order. That looks great! can you help
me understand it? sorry for the newbieness. Let's say the user's name is
churchweb and the folder I want all attachments save to is
/home/churchweb/includes/ I have procmail set up and the .procmailrc in that
folder is operational. can you walk me through your solution applied?
Thanks, sorry for the extra time I know this takes.

        I do not know this book, so, I do not know if I can tell you
        just continue read .. or I must explain all around.  Anyway
        there are some things that you must know about the procmail:
        For your question you must know write scripts (perl, sh, what ever)
        Also, read the egrep(1) man page and metamail(1) man.

[...]
        The right way is:

D=/home/churchweb/includes
:0
| /some/where/script

        The script will run the metamail to unpack the message and then do
        the other things that you want to (you have the decoded part - what
        next?)

        I use metamail but it is not must, you will find more programs to
        do the job (maybe better?)

        If you know write scripts and still have questions you can direct
        the message to me with no bother other members in this list (here
        we talk about procmail and not going too deep in the scrips  :)

Bye,
 Udi