autoresponse help

2002-07-25 23:31:11

Greetings all,
I inherited a .procmailrc file for a user called ABC.  It has a bunch
of spam catching entries that send to /dev/null and a bunch of
autoresponse entries, all of which look like this (XYZZY to protect the
not-so-innocent):

:0
* ^TO.*feedback
* !^FROM_DAEMON
* !^From:.apache
* !^From:.MAILER-DAEMON
| (formail -r -A"Precedence: junk" \
    -A"From: feedback(_at_)XYZZY(_dot_)com" \
    -A"X-Loop: XYZZYautoresponse" ; \
   cat $HOME/feedback-autoresponse) | $SENDMAIL -t

   My problem is that after the mail is checked and the appropriate
recipe is run, the mail goes to the ABC's queue.  I don't want to save
the mail.  It fills up /var/mail and I have to manually clean it to free
up disk space.
   I read all the Procmail FAQs I could find, but I'm not sure if this
will work.  Can I simply make this the last entry in the .procmailrc file:

:0
/dev/null

Thanks,
Eric

PLEASE NOTE:  This message, including any attachments, may include privileged,
confidential and/or inside information.  Any distribution or use of this
communication by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you are not the intended recipient, please
notify the sender by replying to this message and then delete it from your
system. Thank you.