Re: bad match?

2002-07-28 12:03:22
At 13:48 2002-07-28 -0400, fleet(_at_)teachout(_dot_)org did say:
I just had an email incorrectly sent to my spam folder and I can't figure
out why.  According to the log, the match was on the recipe appended
below.

WHY aren't you ESCAPING the dots?  They're wildcards unless escaped.

WHY don't you use MATCH and enable VERBOSE logging to see what is matching?

:0 B
* \/(bangbus\.com|\
   bigcharts\.com|\
   BIZH0ST0NE\.NET|\
   bk\.ru|\
   blat\.net|\
   bluemoonxxx\.com|\
   bluemountainarts\.com|\
   bombaybeaver\.com|\
   btamail\.net\.cn|\
   buyerscorp\.biz)
{
  :0 ci
  | read var < $PMDIR/counters/body.ctr && let var=var+1 && echo $var >
$PMDIR/counters/body.ctr

  :0
  spam
}

Or, you could use maximal scoring in conjunction with verbose logging:

:0 B
* 9876543210^0  bangbus\.com
* 9876543210^0  bigcharts\.com
* 9876543210^0  BIZH0ST0NE\.NET
* 9876543210^0  bk\.ru
* 9876543210^0  blat\.net
* 9876543210^0  bluemoonxxx\.com
* 9876543210^0  bluemountainarts\.com
* 9876543210^0  bombaybeaver\.com
* 9876543210^0  btamail\.net\.cn
* 9876543210^0  buyerscorp\.biz
{
        # actions
}

(see 'man procmailsc' for more information on scoring)