bad match?

2002-07-28 11:06:53
I just had an email incorrectly sent to my spam folder and I can't figure
out why.  According to the log, the match was on the recipe appended
below.  Since there are only ten items in the recipe, I bounced each of
them off an exported copy of the message using grep (grep -i item message)
and got zero hits.  Bouncing portions of the items, I wound up with a hit
for "ru"  (from the bk.ru item) in a phrase "winds up there in winter are
brutal." How could "bk.ru" be misconstrued for "bru" even considering that
I have failed to escape the period in all the domain names?

The only other matches at all were from the "mail" in "btamail.net.cn";
but these hits were all in the header of the message.

Confused,
                                - fleet -

:0 B
* (bangbus.com|\
   bigcharts.com|\
   BIZH0ST0NE.NET|\
   bk.ru|\
   blat.net|\
   bluemoonxxx.com|\
   bluemountainarts.com|\
   bombaybeaver.com|\
   btamail.net.cn|\
   buyerscorp.biz)

{
  :0 ci
  | read var < $PMDIR/counters/body.ctr && let var=var+1 && echo $var >
$PMDIR/counters/body.ctr

  :0
  spam