Re: Auto-answer with attachment

2002-07-31 09:29:17
Well,

my idea is and I already have made some steps into it:

I have an ftp server running on a different machine than the mail server. I
want my users to send an email to admin-ftp(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)net with a
keyword in
the subject line, for example ftp-list. They should get back an answer mail
containing some informations in the body (already done, infos are uptime because
I have a dialup connection and contact list) and a html-attachment (portable
file format) containing other infos like new stuff on the ftp-server.
At this time writing this, the system works good (exept attachment which is
not implemented yet). Mail is returned with expected body, but I didn't check
if people sending an attachment will receive their attachment too (feature
that I would disable if).

About the question of people sending mails with bots etc... I'm working on
it, I want postfix to allow only allow a certain amount of incoming mails per
day (or per hour). As I think to know that postfix doesn't allow directly to
control this feature, I will probably use procmail to count incoming mail and
in case stop postfix or some similar solution...

Thanks a lot for helping, if you have some more constructive comments, I'd
be glad to read about it.

M. W.

http://www.gmx.net