Re: equivalent for backreference \1

2002-08-05 03:01:12
  On Aug 05 at 00:41, Holger Wahlen spoke:

*   ^Subject:.*\/[-!-,:-(_at_)]
* $ ^Subject:.*$MATCH$MATCH$MATCH

This won't work in all cases because even if there's a character from
that set that appears three times in a row in the subject line, the
first condition won't necessarily assign that particular character to
MATCH. Take

  Subject: -Yeah!!!-

as an example: MATCH is set to "-" in the first condition, the second
therefore checks for "---" and fails. (You didn't see this in the
tests you posted earlier because you only tried "555", "567" and
"666", but nothing like "5666".)

Yes, you're right. Thank you for the notice.
Well, the main purpose is spam filtering.
I probably can't achieve 100% hit rate anyway.
(I have some colleague writing in spam style.)

But if somebody has a solution to solve even this case I'd
appreciate it.

-Hanspeter