Re: Cyrus "virtual" users

2002-08-06 08:27:46

That's not the problem.  I'm already calling the cyrus deliver program,
and ss I said, most users can receive mail just fine.

It's the users who dont have a corresponding system account who procmail
will refuse to deliver to.  I have traced this back to procmail.c (line
309 in version 3.22) where it does this:

 { if(!(pass=auth_finduser(chp2,-1)))       /* chp2 is the recipient */

auth_finduser checks /etc/passwd for /every/ recipient, and when that
fails, it does this:

  return EX_NOUSER;                 /* we don't handle strangers */

Unless there is a specific flag to tell procmail to skip this check, there
is no way that I can see around this problem.

As a temporary solution, i have removed this check from the code and
compiled this "fixed" procmail.  A better solution for me would be to
check sasldb2 for users rather than ignore the check, but for now,  my
hack is working.

Thanks for your reply though!

        Dave O