Cyrus "virtual" users

2002-08-05 15:34:49

I'm using procmail local delivery agent from Sendmail, with Cyrus IMAP,
and everything seems to be working except one issue.  Cyrus allows the
existance of non-local accounts using sasldb or other mechanisms as the
authentication.  Procmail, however, seems to refuse to run unless the
user exists locally.

It's definitely not trying to su to the user because the way my mail is
set up, only the root user can deliver email, and mail is delivered ok to
users who also have a shell account by the same name.

my Sendmail (8.12.5) mailer config is this:

Mlocal,         P=/usr/bin/procmail, F=lsDFMA:/|qSPfhn9, S=EnvFromL/HdrFromL,
R=EnvToL/HdrToL,
                T=DNS/RFC822/X-Unix,
                A=procmail -a $h -a $u -d $u

procmail leaves lines like this in mail.err:

Aug  5 18:02:45 nofrills procmail[18839]: Unknown user "smb255"

Also, even with VERBOSE=on and LOGFILE=/var/log/mail/procmail.log, the
only information at all that I get from procmail is that one line in the
mail.err log.

Thanks in advance!

        Dave O