Re: Creating a subject file

2002-08-07 17:04:28
At 15:46 2002-08-07 -0700, rob(_at_)wcfirstaid(_dot_)com wrote:
My question is this...How can I do this for a list of subjects in a file
called badsubjects.lst.

# This is performed after a variety of scoring rules.

# spam subject phrase database
SPAMSUBJ=$SPAMDIR/badsubjects.lst

:0
* $? formail -xSubject: | fgrep -i -f $SPAMSUBJ
{
        LOG="SPAM: Subject Phrase match$SPAMVER"

        :0:
        |gzip -9fc >> spam.gz
}

Note that I use gzip to compress a copy of the message - I retain it for analysis (and to retrieve the occasional mismatch). $SPAMVER is a string with a newline, the version of the spam filter, and a trailing newline - loging is optional. $SPAMDIR is the dir where my spam support material resides (a variety of other files sit there as well).